Herbs To Help You Stop Smoking
Author: Dan Parker
Smokers know very well the harmful effects of smoking cigarettes. It is a habit that gives nothing but health problems such as cancer related diseases. The nicotine and the carbon monoxide raises the heart rate and blood pressure causing the heart to get tired and the veins to weaken. Some may have their limbs being cut off of oxygen turning the legs or the arms useless and amputated. Some may find themselves too late pleading for air, experiencing stroke or heart attacks.
So there goes what happens to smokers. But it is never too late to quit. There is hope and there are some ways to quit smoking such as using herbs. However, it is advised to ask a health care provider or a doctor before using any of these herbs. Let us take a look at some of the herbs that can be used to help quit smoking.
- Avena Sativa - Also known as the common oat. It is said that the fresh plant's alcohol-based tincture can counteract the nicotine withdrawal and helps in the quitting of smoking.
- Garcinia Cambogia - It is a yellowish fruit from India and has been used to treat rheumatism. In terms of smoking, it decreases cigarette cravings that is helpful in smoking cessation.
- Gotu Cola - This herb can reduce cravings at the same time lessen or prevent nicotine withdrawal symptoms. It is not only confined for smoking cessation but it also claims to have helped those withdrawing from other substances such as opium.
- Lobelia - Claims to have similar effect as that of the nicotine in the nervous system making it as a nicotine replacement herb. It can be toxic even at low doses. Seek medical advice before using this herb.
- Skullcap - Also known as Mad Dog Weed is a type of herb that can induce sleep naturally and helps reduce the withdrawal symptoms of nicotine dependency.
- Valerian - It is a sedative or can induce sleeping. It can reduce cigarette cravings because it can help calm the nervous system. It is also known to reduce anxiety and fear making it an antidepressant herb.
- Parrot's Beak - This herb helps in relaxing the nerves and muscles at the same time eases mild depression resulting to decrease or elimination of nicotine withdrawal symptoms.
- Hops - Hops can help in relieving anxiety and promotes sleep.
- Gentian - It aids in the calming of the stomach. It relieves dyspepsia or indigestion as a result from withdrawal symptoms. It also aids in the relief from nausea.
- Korean Ginseng - It helped in the improvement of the body's coping ability with stress and anxiety. It can speed the recovery of the body from the toxins of the cigarette.
- St. John's Wort - Considered to be one of the best herbal remedies to help stop smoking, this herb is a very powerful tonic to the nervous system. If the smoker is taking other medicines, it is best to seek medical advice first before taking the drug because of drug interactions that may pose danger to the health.
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/quit-smoking-articles/herbs-to-help-you-stop-smoking-1290338.html
About the Author
Visit Stop Smoking Tip for the best tips and help on stop smoking herbs to help you stop smoking.
** These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. All articles on website are for informational use only and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
High Quality Nature's Sunshine Products Buy Here High Quality Nature's Sunshine Products Buy Here
May support memory function.
Promotes circulation and supports connective tissues.
Provides nervous system support.
Supports the nervous system.
Supports mood improvement.
Balances the emotions.
Improves feelings of well-being, self-worth and self-control.